Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Seriously??? 45!!!!

So today is my 45th birthday and I'm wondering how did that happen???? It sounds so much older than my brain feels. My body on the other hand feels about 55. I had a physical yesterday and the nurse practitioner used words like "osteoporosis" and "menopause" and I turned around to see to whom she was talking. Those aren't issues for me, they are barely issues for my mother. Is it because my kids are little and not ready to graduate high school that I feel like I'm not really in my mid 40's? While lots of my friends were having babies and raising toddlers, I was going to law school, traveling to the Caribbean and Europe. Now their kids are heading to college and I'm planning tea parties for 5 year old girls. And I feel like I'm the same age as the other moms, the ones in their 30's. But I'm not and my body tells me that every day. Yet, I when I stop to ponder the miracle that my life has been, I think I need to quit bitching about the aches and pains and be thankful I am here today to enjoy the blessings of my life. But, in those thankful moments, I still wonder; seriously? 45? How DID that happen???

No comments:

Post a Comment